ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
Thursday, January 03, 2008
Hi friends who read my blogspotty. This will really be one of my last few posts (:
It's the second day of school! Wowza. It's been boring so far, but tomorrow lessons start officially and I'm not looking forward to that, sort of. I still don't feel sec4 hmmm. I bet everyone doesn't la.
School's been real fun so far, I'm enjoying close to every minute of it. Getting together with friends/ classmates and having fun with each other... It's more than great.
Today after the discipline and timetable talk, I was really high. On my way to the toilet I made a lot of noise, in the toilet Liting amused me with her teleporting -.- I went back to class and made some more noise and someone said that me and childish went together O: (I can't remember who but I'll get you back) But that block was really fun I like (Jquah came in not, so it was practically a free block)!
Been going to school by myself the last 2 days. It's pretty cool but I predict that I'm going to hate it once everything goes into full swing. I'm spoilt in that sense, but hey man 3 years of getting fetched and suddenly daddy's office moves and I'm left on my own without kor/ jie to keep my company on the MRT ride ):
Tomorrow I'm back to using my trusty Deuter bag, and I'll be all set and ready for all the homework to start rolling in baby. Elissa Low! Do you know that since I started using my Crumpler, you're the one and only person who has called me a poser you l0zer, I stick my tongue out at you.
Okay! Done with the brief update on school life. As much as I may complain in the near future about how homework and exams suck and all, at least I've a school to go to (and like one of the top ones at that) and everything. Sometimes we take the simplest things for granted. Education is one of them.
Now just some of my thoughts? Random stuff yeah.
When I went to Vietnam (oh yes, speaking of that, post on Vietnam trip will be up by tomorrow hopefully, realise I'd better get over and done with it before I get too busy), one thought that kept lingering at the back of my mind behind everything else was "Can God be unfair?" I mean let's face it, there are people born in like the poorest countries in the entire world, there are people who arrive on Earth only to realise they have AIDs etc. And those people who are forced into prostitution because they really have no choice, what do we say to that? It's pretty much different from the question "Why does God allow suffering?" because this question focuses on the justice of God, not His mercy and love or whatsoever. Well actually it does in a way, but ah I hope you get what I mean.
I don't know how to answer that question, honestly. (Anyone who has some idea or thoughts on it, please email me okay!) I've explored stuff like Why does God allow suffering and things like that, but havn't read up on like Why is God unfair? And I doubt I'll ever be able to answer the question, it's one of those toughies la.
During our trip to Vietnam, mummy was talking to Peiyan about like searching for a God and stuff like that (she's not a Christian see). And she brought up the above scenario (?) and to some extent, I can understand why people find it hard to believe that there indeed exists a God. But yet God is good, and the reason why the world is like that is because of sin. But at the same time, it's so hard to grasp the concept when what we believe and what we see is different (though when we think about it carefully, so many things that we see proclaim God's goodness right?).
But ahh amidst all the "Why" and "How" questions, once again, that's where faith comes in. And that's what faith is all about.
And it's interesting to note that love can rebuild what hate has destroyed, but hate can't destroy what love has built. The whole good overcomes evil thing huh. But somehow it's comforting to know that that IS what will happen eventually, and not some faraway out-of-the-world fairytale thing that happens only in movies.
Yesterday Sherlyn was telling me about this book she got, something about regaining a sense of wonder? Or something along those lines la. Reminded me of this line in JOC's Oh my God "We all feel the need for wonder". And I remembered Mrs Yap's talk on the first/ second day of school last year. Ahhh no it's 2 years ago, in sec2, about cynicism. When I heard it I remember being all -.- whatever please. But it's true.
She mentioned something about how someone told her that RGS makes girls cynical and all (she said that because of something we did/ didn't do), and she told us about this girl who became a doctor and her family's quite well-to-do, and she went overseas to be like those volunteer doctors (Doctors without Borders! I want to join next time. Aspirations, ambitions) and people didn't believe she really wanted to help people or something like that.
Haha I admit that perhaps I'll leave RGS more cynical than when I came in. Last year was my let's-be-cynical year I think. It's a result of seeing the world way too much and analysing things and eventually it just makes you see the bad side of everything, and eventually there's the sense of disbelief in whatever good that may be (though that'll be the extreme extreme case la).
But I guess it all boils down to how we approach knowledge right. Using knowledge to empower others, and to help others. It's something we've always heard and all, and I used to be one of those people who would be like -.- why are you telling me that again, I've heard it since I entered RGS. But we've actually been blessed with brains and an opportunity to be exposed to like a whole of things and we should make a difference with it right? I'm sorry it's starting to sound all moral and cliched and everything, but now having understood it all a little better, I do believe in that right now.
We all need to rediscover that sense of wonder we once had when we were little kids, and everything was interesting and we didn't suspect others were out to like harm us or something, nice and innocent. I've talked so much about how little kids > supposedly mature adults that I shan't go into that again.
Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
I, specifically, need to stand in awe of God and all He has done, for a matter of fact.
I've been off to a bad start actually, didn't do QT yesterday and doubt I'll do it today. AHHH what's wrong with me ): I will start tomorrow I will start tomorrow I will start tomorrow. (See, I can actually start today but I'm just unwilling too. RAWRRRR)
Okay anyway, I shall do a little bit of math and go sleep. Sorry my thoughts are a bit disjointed! I hope the teachers will be nice and not start lessons tomorrow (:
simplicity.
*****
simple facts
peiling
30 march
christian
tnsrgs